Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Building back me endourance!

So after all this crit racing, combined with very little riding from being sick, and finals, I'm gonna assume my endourance has taken a massive hit. I was also thinking about all the awesome races in iowa that I was going to miss, that everyone seems to like so much. What can I do to remedy this?

Well sorta as a family tradition, my family always goes up to this place near sheboygan every memorial day-Camp Anokijig. It's the reason I won't be doing the memorial day races, and I'm pretty excited for heading up there and seeing old friends and what not. I was google mappin the distance today, and it works out to about 150 miles from chicago. Two years ago, pretty much at the start of my cycling obsession, I rode up there in two days. I was slow, and out of shape, and the first 100 mile leg practically killed me.

But now, I've got maaaanny more miles in my legs. And I got to thinking, it's only a 1 1/2 century ride, right? If I do the whole thing at tempo, that should do wonders to my endourance! And then, I got to thinking again... if it's only 1 1/2 centuries, then why not do the same thing back?! So while everyone else is off in Iowa having an awesome race weekend, this guy's going to add 15-20 tempo hours to his legs. And most importanatly, that'll be 15-20 hours at tempo pace that's NOT IN CHICAGO!! Training won't be booring!

2 comments:

  1. Endurance doesn't have an 'o' in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... Cause when I spell it, it does! Perhaps you're the wrong one!

    ReplyDelete