Friday, May 15, 2009

Almost....

Getting there guys. I've gotten to the home stretch now. Essentially, I'm a mere 10-25 page report away from finishing. Don't worry, I've got like 6 pages of diagrams I can include... Those diagrams were the fruits of yesterday's labors.

On a side note, all this working has started to catch up to me. I am NOT getting sick. Once you think you might be coming down with something, you're pretty much giving into it. Buuut, I distinctly feel less good than I should. At least I got 9 hours of sleep last night. Racing tomorrow, whether I'm sick or not!

What's so sweet about tomorrow's race? Well, it's Monsters of the Midway--a smallish local race that's ran through ABR instead of USCF, so I can't get those sacred category upgrade points, but me and this race've got history!
Two years ago in 2007, Monsters of the Midway was my first race ever bike race-- a moment that marks the moment I committed to a life of intense physical suffering, and fell in love with spandex! I didn't really understand racing then, and missed the break, failed at bridging the gap, but managed to get first in the field sprint. Last year, I was doing pretty well and had a solid positioning for the field sprint, but with a lap to go I almost got crashed out, and my rear brake started rubbing, knocking me back to a midpack finish.
Well this time, things are gonna be different! Because, like I said, I'm NOT sick. If by this time, I do actually have any followers, (doubtful, but I can be optimistic!) see you tomorrow, and good luck!

1 comment: