Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Last Post for a whiiiiiiiile

Weeell, I'm about to go on a little month long hiatus from a bunch of stuff: biking, racing, training, and blogging to name a few. Why you ask? Cause as of 6AM tomorrow morning, I'm gonna be hopping a plane off to Wyoming for a National Outdoor Leadership School course in outdoor education. I'll also get certified in Wilderness First Responder--a medical certification that's one step below an EMT cert, but deals with what to do in the wilderness, rather than in civilization. It's a 30 day backpacking expedition where we'll be out in the field totally out of contact with civilization for literally like 28-30 days.

Now some of you guys might think I'm crazy to be leaving for a month right in the prime of the racing season, but there's lots of stuff in the world to do. Lots of amazing things. For example, I'll be hiking in these mountains...




and I'll actually be walking through this pass...


So, while I know it's kinda goofy to have worked the whole season to build my race fitness to the point where it is now, then head off for a month and not use it at all, I think it'll be worth it.

When I get back from the course, it'll be just about the second week of superweek, and I plan on doing a bunch of those races with my old team mate, Anthony Carfang. He's the guy who got me into racing, and it'll be awesome to race with him again.
Since I had a pleasent meeting with Luke Seemann (www.chicagobikeracing.com) at a race a couple weeks ago, I know at least one person reads my blog, so for Luke, and anyone else following this, I'll be back in a month!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun, dude!

    (Also, FYI, Seemann with two Ns).

    ReplyDelete