Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I love Matteson!

Praying for no rain, I made the drive down to matteson this evening to do the weekly practice crit. I was feeling pretty good, and wanted to get some solid attack practice in, as well as a solid workout. The numbers racing today were lower than usual, due to the chance of rain, and in the A's group (their 1/2/3's group) we had about 20ish guys.

All in all, it was an awesome day. I probably threw 10-15 attacks at the field, and in two out of the three races we did, I was able to get into the winning break. In the first two races, I kept getting bad luck in the sprints--the first time, there was confusion with the laps to go counter and I thought there was another lap, so I didn't contest the sprint. The second time things were looking real good until the second to last turn where a lower cat rider was cooling down after his race and got in the way, causing half the field, including me, to brake and get out of contention for the sprint. Ain't no big though, the important thing was everyone stayed up. The last race went real good. A Mack rider and South Chi rider were up the road and I bridged to them. The three of us stayed away, and I took them in the sprint for 1st.

Overall, it was just an awesome training day. I got in a ton of attack practice, did a solid 40 intense miles, and raced with some awesome guys. I think that's a big reason why I like Matteson so much. The attitude there is just real positive and fun, and everyone there is super friendly. If you ain't been down there, totally check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment